By Stay at home Mum
What if I told you that you could make 120 biscuits for less than $7?
This recipe is versatile, so make it your own with your favourite flavours & enjoy.
Our number one Tip becomes BFF with your freezer and so you always have fresh biscuits 10 minutes away for when ‘little’ visitors arrive?
- 500 grams Butter softened to room temperature
- 395 grams Condensed Milk Sweetened
- 1 cup Sugar
- 5 cups Self Raising Flour
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar till fluffy.
- Add condensed milk and sifted self-raising flour. Mix to form a dough. (if using an electric beater or Mixmaster, fold the flour in until it is combined with a wooden spoon and then use your mixer).
- Add the flavours of your choice (choc chip, peanut butter, white choc & macadamia nut, coconut).
- If cooking right away rolls into teaspoon sized balls and press down with a fork.
- Place on lined baking tray and bake in an oven for 10 to 15min until golden brown.
- After adding the flavours of your choice roll the dough into a 20cm log about 4cm or so thick.
- Place the cookie dough log onto a sheet of baking paper and roll up. Twist ends to seal and store in the freezer for up to 4 months.
- When you want fresh biscuits, preheat oven to 180 degrees. Remove the frozen log from the freezer and whilst still frozen cut into slices. Place your slices onto a lined tray and bake for 10 to 15 min until golden brown.